1. She experienced a crushing defeat in the election.
2. He struggled with feelings of defeat and hopelessness after losing his job.
3. The army’s defeat was a result of poor strategy and lack of resources.
4. Despite their best efforts, they were unable to defeat the reigning champions.
5. The team was forced to accept defeat after a series of devastating injuries.
6. The company’s financial troubles ultimately led to their defeat in the market.
7. The politician conceded defeat and congratulated her opponent on a hard-fought race.
8. The defeat of the rebellion was a turning point in the country’s history.
9. The athlete refused to give up, even in the face of defeat and injury.
10. The general outlined a new strategy for the troops following their defeat in battle.