- The mere thought of public speaking fills me with dread.
- She felt a growing sense of dread as the exam approached.
- The noise from the dark forest filled her with dread.
- He lived in constant dread of being discovered.
- The city was under the dread of the approaching typhoon.
- She couldn’t shake off the dread that something bad was about to happen.
- The soldiers were struck with dread at the sight of the enemy’s massive army.
- His dread of heights prevented him from climbing the ladder.
- As the plane took off, she felt a moment of sheer dread.
- He dreaded the moment when he had to face his angry boss.