- A piece of rope can be stretched out to double its length without tearing if it has enough ductility.
- The ductility of copper and aluminum make them ideal for making electrical wires.
- Metals with high ductility, like silver and gold, have been used for jewelry making for centuries.
- Steel with high ductility is often used in construction of high-rise buildings to withstand earthquakes and winds.
- The ductility of clay makes it suitable for pottery and sculpture.
- High-ductility plastics are used in manufacturing of toys, containers and household items.
- Cables and wires are made of materials with high ductility, like copper, to allow for flexibility and movement.
- The ductility of carbon fibers make them ideal for manufacturing of lightweight bike frames and airplane components.
- According to metal scientists, optimizing the ductility of steel is crucial for the development of high-performance materials and technologies.
- Researchers are studying the ductility of biomaterials, such as bone and skin, to develop improved implants and medical devices.