Dedicate这个单词来源于拉丁文“dedicare”，意为献身、奉献，它可以是动词或形容词。当我们把全部精力投入到某项工作或事业中时，我们可以说我们是”determined to dedicate myself to…”，也就是全身心地投入到了这件事中去。
我们可以用Dedicate来形容一个人或一件事情，在某些场合中，也可以被用来表示一个给予某人或某事物的礼物或喜悦。例如，如果一个人选择专注于学习一门技能或令人感兴趣的话题，他可以说“I decided to dedicate myself to learning this new skill”。或者，如果您决定将自己的艺术作品献给某个人或某个机构，那么您可以说“I dedicate this piece to…”。
- I dedicate this book to my beloved wife, without whose support and encouragement this book would never have been possible.
- He has dedicated his life to the service of others.
- The musician dedicated the concert to the victims of the earthquake.
- She is determined to dedicate herself to helping those in need.
- We must dedicate ourselves to achieving our goals.
- The athlete dedicated her triumph to her coach and parents.
- The company has dedicated a great amount of resources to research and development.
- We should all dedicate our time to self-improvement.
- He is dedicated to his work, and puts in long hours to ensure its success.
- The organization is dedicated to improving the lives of underprivileged communities.